Monday, January 09, 2006

Another New Year... This One's Gonna be Different...I Promise

I read one of my articles from January 1, 2004 and saw a list of things that I thought was going to happen that year. The only thing that I believed about 2004 that was actually true is that Tom Peters is mostly right. Other than that, the Eagles didn't win the superbowl, I didn't write a book, the Phillies didn't make the playoffs, the technical certification debacle didn't implode, the Flyers didn't win the Stanley Cup, my wife didn't meet Susan Dell at a triathlon and the 76ers didn't trade Allen Iverson. Instead, Jim Thome fizzled, Ed Wade got fired, the NHL went on strike, the Eagles spun wildly out of control and Allen Iverson still scampers around in Sixers garb and gives the ball, ever so hesitantly to Chris Weber. Who cares about everything else I said? So, for all intents and purposes, I was wrong on every prediction. And more painfully, I didn't come close to any of my personal endeavors. In those 2 years, I had a terrible fallout with my employer, sold everything and moved to Florida, gained 30 pounds and got a job playing the executive game rather than the technical one. The only positive note is that my wife is doing marathons now instead of triathlons and her legs look HOT.

I golf more now though.

Anyway, it occurred to me that my life is panning out a lot like it did when George decided on "Seinfeld" to do everything the opposite of what he would normally do in attempt to turn his fate around. So that's what I'm going to do this year. And see how long it took me to come up with this? 9 days for Chrissake!

  • I will sleep in every day
  • I don't care if the Flyers win the Stanley Cup
  • I will not go to the gym... ever
  • I won't write articles and try to get them published
  • Screw walking the dog, she doesn't need fresh air anyway
  • I won't take classes and learn things
  • I will never, ever start my business... who could do it better than my old boss?
  • I won't blog

Hope I'm wrong

2 Comments:

Blogger Ron Kelley said...

Just remember, George's "Opposite" scheme finally backfired on him. I hope it works for you, though.

3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ron, I found this blog very enjoyable. Good to hear you are doing well in sunny FLA.

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home